8 Questions Every Business Owner Should Ask Themselves
Every business needs a vision for the customers and a team to rally behind. The responses to these questions are the foundation for your Vision, Mission and Values. I encourage you to gather responses from both customer and team perspectives. This will involve polling customers (both current and former) and team members (both current and former).
1. WHAT DO YOU DO WELL?
2. WHY WOULD A PROSPECT CHOOSE YOU OVER YOUR COMPETITORS?
3. OUT OF ALL THE THINGS YOU DO WELL, WHY WOULD THEY REMEMBER AND RECOMMEND YOUR BUSINESS?
4. WHAT IS THE ONE ELEMENT OF YOUR BUSINESS THAT YOU DO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE?
5. HOW DO YOU STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD?
6. WE EMPLOY PEOPLE THAT?
7. WE ENCOURAGE A WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT THAT IS?
8. WE WANT OUR CUSTOMERS TO REMEMBER OUR BRAND BECAUSE?
I prefer beginning the exercise with the ownership / leadership group to develop their responses. The second phase is to create both a customer facing team and internal facing team to gather their responses. These groups should be led by someone from the first group who does not share or influence their results. You may be surprised to find what you thought is not what your team thinks! As leader of your company, it is your responsibility to develop the Vision, Mission and Values of your Company and make this part of the organization’s DNA. The process may be challenging – but one of the most rewarding exercises you can complete.
Please do not wait until you are ready to retire or one of the five D’s occur – now is the time to implement a value acceleration plan. If you are ready to take charge of your future, contact Weiss Advisors today for a no-obligation discovery consultation.